Sunday, October 24, 2010

Happy Halloween

Well, it is that time of year. Just a few days before Halloween. Halloween has always been my favourite holiday - an excuse to dress up in costume? I'm all for it!! Last year I spent countless hours and quite a few pennies on a gladiator costume. I was going to a costume party organized by Silver Snail, which is a large comic book / collectibles shop / nerd haven in downtown Toronto. I decided to do a replica of Maximus, the character portrayed by Russell Crowe in the movie "Gladiator." I did a pretty good job and didn't break the bank. The chest piece is plastic, bought off Ebay and repainted. I made the tunic from some cheap fabric. I bought a leather skirt at a thrift store and used it to make the leather parts (like the skirt and the vambraces). Here is a pic:



It was a chilly night in Toronto, so I whipped up a robe too with some wool that was on sale, and some fun fur.

That was Halloween 2009.

This year I decided to go to the Church-Wellesley Village in Toronto for Halloween (large street party in the gaybourhood). I learned that the party is happening on the 31st, which falls on a Sunday. It's a bit disappointing because I was planning to make it a big weekend out in Toronto, but now it will likely be just the day. Friends who invited me to stay have to work early on Monday morning, so Halloween won't be a late night now. Partly due to that, and partly due to the fact that I've been really busy lately with work (aka real life), I haven't had time to work on a new costume. I will be wearing my Biggs Darklighter X-wing Pilot costume this year.



Happy Halloween and May the Force be with You!

1 comment:

  1. Wow, you're a very handsome and sexy man, with all due respect.

    ReplyDelete